Wednesday, February 3

The Nursery!

So, I mentioned the intervention....remember the one where Amanda was going to have an English accent and I was going to wear a flower in my hair to make it feel like the TV show, Clean House? Well, it didn't happen for my neighbor, and it's looking like it won't have to happen at my house either!!! Justin and I have been hard at work on the nursery to get it ready for painting! Justin is working a whole lot harder than me, I must admit!

I want to share some rough word "drawings" of what we hope the nursery will look like! There is a picture of the east wall (the first wall you see as you walk in the door), the south wall, and the west wall. The north wall will have a custom, coastal bookshelf built by my very own hubby, but I didn't make a sketch of that wall.
We are going for a coastal/nautical theme. We want the nursery to be soft, and not too babyish...
The is the wall you first see when you walk in the door. The door on the left side of the pic is the door to our closet...I like to leave it open because we have an octagonal window in the closet (lol, I am still not sure why the window is in the closet) that lets so much more light into the room. The chairs are gliding club chairs and there will be a shared ottoman for Justin and me to prop up our feet. The lamp is a sea urchin lamp, and the curtains are white with navy blue trim! The best part of this wall is the sailfish!!!! A gentleman in Cocoa is creating a half mount of a sailfish, and painting it white (with a blue eye)! He sent a pic of the fish last week, and it looks AMAZING!
This is the south wall. The white crib will be centered between the two windows. The bedding we have chosen is white with navy blue stripes. The "Sleep in Heavenly peace" saying is being custom made by a vendor on Esty. She is using vinyl wall letters. The stars on the walls represent starfish (the ones that are about 5-6 inches and have the skinny arms)!

Last but not least, this is the west wall. The schooner is also being supplied by my uber talented "friend" on Esty, and will be a vinyl wall sticker. The lamp is another sea urchin lamp that matches the lamp on the east side of the room. The blue thing on top of the dresser is the changing pad; we aren't going to have a separate changing table...why spend the money? The weird looking thing on the stand to the left of the dresser is a super cool treasure chest that Justin's mom gave us. We are going to use it to hold baby booty accessories such as diapers, wipes, creams, and whatever else people use for changing time. The door on the right side of the pic is the door to the hallway.

Now that you have seen what we are hoping for....it's time to show you what we started with... I promised some "before" pics even though they are terribly embarassing! Here they are:

(east wall)


(se corner)


(south wall)
See what I mean?! That mess is TOTALLY embarassing! You should see the room now!!! (Actually you will in a couple of days!) All of the furniture is gone, and the crib has been moved in! There are still a few piles of junk and paperwork, but the cleaning out phase is almost complete! Thankfully the hardest part is done as I am entering my THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!
I keep hearing that I should post more belly pics, so here's my first (hopefully of many) efforts to keep you all up to date with the belly! There hasn't been much to see up until now....and, well, it's still kinda hard to see! Justin likes this pic because the whole family made it into the pic...Mango is a little fuzzy, and you can't see Ollie's face, but we're all here!
Those are Daniel Austin's initials on my belly! This is his first monogram! My lovely friend Betsy gave me the idea for this shirt (the same Betsy that we will name our little girl after....we'll have a little girl...I just know it), and I am so excited that I have popped enough to wear it! Thanks, Betsy!!!!
I have got to go make some chicken salad! I think that will be a good supper surprise for Justin! Mango, Ollie and I are hoping that Justin's teacher lets him out of class early since he is taking a test tonight, so I better get hopping!
Good night! :)

No comments: