Wednesday, February 17

Surprise.....

HA! So how big of a jerk am I?! I called my friend Cathie to tell her that I wouldn't be attending my church meeting last night, and she convinced me to come for the first hour because they had something special planned for us. {Mind you, I was SO TIRED that I wasn't sure how I was going to drive the 5 minutes home from work without falling asleep, so going to this meeting was going to be a huge endeavor.}


So I changed out of my PJ pants into jeans, threw on a jacket, and got my tired self to the meeting only to find out that the meeting was not a meeting...it was a surprise baby shower!


So, how big of a jerk am I?! Number one, I was trying to skip out of a church meeting and I was being a brat about attending my own shower (before I knew it was a shower, of course)....words cannot do justice to how humbled and embarassed I was.


Since I hadn't taken time to change my ratty old t-shirt before I left the house, I was embarassed to take off my jacket...and the room was really hot, so hot that I almost started sweating and even got a little light headed, but the jacket was not coming off.


Just in case you were wondering, God does have a sense of humor! :)

No comments: