Sunday, February 21

Can you believe it?!

Daniel's room is painted!!!! I still cannot believe how quickly Justin and his mom threw two flawless coats of "Maiden Voyage" on the walls in the nursery! It is just perfect thanks to Julie's painting skills she learned from her father, and the tips Justin picked up from his father while re-doing our guest room furniture.
The room was yellow, in its former life as an "office" (lol, let's be honest, it was a junk room)...here are some "before pics":




Now it's time for this room to be a nursery! The house is 72 years old, I wonder what this room was used for in the past......?

My sister stopped by to check out the progress and take a few pics of the painters in action! Thanks, Kel! Here are some pics of the painters:


You can check out Julie's artwork on her blog, Art By the River. She paints walls, and they look great, but they pale in comparison to her paintings!

The happy daddy-to-be!
A peek at the finished project!
Justin worked so hard to get the room cleaned out by the time I got home. When I arrived the only things in the room were things that we are using to decorate the nursery, no ladders, no paint, no cats with blue feet.....

Did you happen to notice the white sailfish on the wall?! I worked with Ken Laudadio from The Fish Mount Store to create this beauty! His prices are very reasonable, and he was so happy to help me get exactly what I had envisioned! Saturday afternoon he drove all the way down from Cape Canaveral to deliver our little friend, and Justin couldn't have been more excited to put a hole in the freshly painted wall to hang it!

I thought that Ken was going to think I was absolutely nutty when I asked for a white sailfish, but he has actually had requests for white sailfish before! A designer from CA that did work for stores on Rodeo Drive has bought several of these from him that he was going to use to display socks! He never got any pics of how the displays turned out, so I guess we are all left guessing until our next trip to Rodeo Drive.

Until the next post....

No comments: