Tuesday, December 1

16 Week Survey

Happy 17th week birthday little Blueberry!!!

How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't gained an ounce since I got rid of the morning sickness, so I am down about five pounds from the first time I was weighed at the doctor's office.

Maternity clothes: Not yet!

Sleep: I have way more energy now, but napping is still a favorite on the weekends!

Best moment of this week: Getting so many Christmas things done early!

Movement: Yes! I feel the Blueberry everyday, but not for long, and the movements aren't very big yet. I can't wait until Justin can feel the movements too! We were told that he should be able to feel them in about a month!

Food cravings: I have been quite obsessed with chicken parmesan subs from Votinos lately....they have been open since Friday and I have already had two!

Gender: Our ultrasound was scheduled yesterday!!!!! We will know the baby's sex on December 14th!!!!! We couldn't be more excited!

Labor signs: Nope

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Thanksgiving vacation days

What I am looking forward to: December 14th!

Weekly wisdom: Don't forget to be thankful for all of the blessings in your life! Even the very little ones!


Our 16 week doctor's appointment was scheduled for last Wednesday, but Tuesday they called to reschedule for Monday. We were so bummed because we get ourselves so excited for the appointments, but what can we do? When we have our baby in May I am sure that other couples will have to reschedule their appointments too, it's all part of the game!

Anyway, she rescheduled me for Monday (yesterday) at 2:30. That was the only time she had available so I had to take it...even though later appointments work better for Justin's schedule. He has promised to go to every appointment with me, but yesterday was very hard because he already had appointments scheduled for the afternoon.

I was getting nervous about going by myself, and I couldn't decide if I needed to ask someone else to go with me. (I'm not scared, but I tend to "space out" and not hear everything that the doctor says so it's better to have two sets of ears.) Thankfully Justin was able to go with me and all of my worrying was for nothing! I am so happy that he didn't have to miss hearing the heartbeat....I think that's one of his favorite parts!

I feel so bad for one lady that was waiting for her ultrasound while Justin and I were waiting to see our doctor. The lady looked as if she was suffering from a miserable case of morning sickness that would prompt her to run to the restroom at any second....poor thing! Her appointment was running at least 30 minutes behind, and she was so uncomfortable that she couldn't even sit up straight. I remember being there and I just wanted to cry for her. :(

Thank goodness I have "turned a corner" with my morning sickness. I have felt so much better lately! I still get sick on rare occasions, and I still don't feel perfect, but it is such a change from how I was feeling in my first trimester.

No comments: