Wednesday, December 16

Turkey for the girls and turkey for the boys...

So, it's been about a month since Thanksgiving....and I'm still thinking about it! I love Thanksgiving and it's no secret that I am a huge fan of family dinners! :)

We stopped at my parent's house for lunch first.

There was plenty of hustle and bustle in the kitchen. The flowers were beautiful in their fall color glory...


The turducken was snuggled under its woven blanket of bacon (my dad's spin on the bird, and Justin's favorite part). It was quite a spectacular sight! A turducken is a chicken wrapped in duck that's wrapped in turkey....oh yeah, there is cajun pork stuffing in there too!

We had all the traditional sides, and then we had desserts! I love to bake, so it's really a pleasure to make the apple crumb pie and pumpkin pies each year. I put on Justin's ipod and listen to his "Katie's High Standards" mix (artists such as Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, and Frank Sinatra) and think of what has made me thankful over the years and what I am most thankful for in my whole life. I treasure this time in the kitchen each year!


And don't forget....this is not a "slimy" pumpkin pie! Grandma, Daddy and Uncle Pat are very picky about their pumpkin pie and it can't be slimy! Grandma told me that this year I defeated the "slimy-ness" and when she ate my pie she could feel my great grandmother in the room!!!! Wow! Thanks grandma! :)

We stuffed ourselves at the Hogan's house and then we went to Uncle Herman's house to see grandma and grandpa Price. We saw Vanessa (she is due a few days before me) and Joy (she is due two weeks after me), so the pregnant ladies had a lot to talk about.
Julie and Phil had us over after we visited Uncle Herman's house. We had homemade salsa on the porch and then we moved inside to have supper. We at artichokes, bean casserole, shrimp stew and fancy bread from the new Fresh Market in Vero.
Unfortunately I didn't remember to bring my camera in to Julie and Phil's house :(
I hope y'all had a wonderful Thankgiving too!

No comments: