Monday, March 26

Congratulations are in order!!!!

My mom is the most kind, caring, and loving person you will ever meet. I promise you that God doesn't make them any sweeter than my mom.

She has been working at Indian River State College for as long as I remember. She does budget "stuff", and she has spent countless long hours pouring over spreadsheets. She pushes the buttons on her calculator so fast that you would think it would start smoking at any second.

She has been wrecking havoc on calculators and spreadsheets for over 35 years, and she was recognized for her hard work at a ceremony recently!


My dad and I were fortunate enough to attend the ceremony and support her as she received this very special recognition. And yes, we are the ones whispering in the top left side of the picture, lol.

My mom and dad have been at every dance competition, swim meet, sporting event, girl scout cookie sale, and youth group fundraiser that my sister and I attended. You name it; they were there. It made me so happy to have the opportunity to be the one sitting in the audience cheering her on and and welling up with pride as she accepted her award.

I love you, Mommy! Congrats on your 35 years at IRSC!!!!!

1 comment:

GSPmom-Patti said...

Congratulations on your award Karen. It's really nice to see someone be recognized for so many years of hard work AND loyalty. Mike's got a good one, which I am sure he knows! Hope to see you guys over the summer.
Patti Rawda
Sr. Buyer, ConMed Linvatec
prawda@tampabay.rr.com