Thursday, November 25

Daniel and Flat Auntie's Thanksgiving Day Adventures!

Thanksgiving is such a beautiful tradition! I am thankful for the pilgrims and indians and for our beautiful country, but to me Thanksgiving is an opportunity to reflect on blessings....and fortunately I have a lot to reflect upon!


Every year the Hogan side of the family looks forward to a non-slimy pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. Grandma had always made it, but the responsibility was passed to me a few years ago....lol, we thought that it was about time to give our 92 year old matriarch break. She had always told me that she loved my pie and that I did a great job, but last year she said that she felt her mother in the room as she ate her pumpkin pie because I had gotten it perfect! It wasn't the slightest bit slimy! :) Let's hope that I did the same this year!


We were invited out to Joe & Jemette's hunting lease to celebrate Thanksgiving, and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go out to the woods. However, I couldn't stand the thought of Grandma and Uncle Pat going without their non-slimy pumpkin pie, so I went ahead and made a pie for Uncle Pat & Aunt Roxanne's Thanksgiving celebration where my grandma would be attending.


I had a half day at work on Wednesday, so I came home and made pies while Daniel was napping and then we went on a ride to go deliver them!

{Uncle Pat & Aunt Roxanne}


Justin and I decided to get something for dinner and for whatever weird reason I was craving Chinese, so -God bless his heart- Justin took me to Peking.

{Daniel & Daddy at Peking}

We headed out to the hunting lease around 10 today. Below are some pics of our friends and the fun time:




{Grammy, Flat Auntie & Daniel hanging out by the fire}


{The fam}



{My favorite pic of the day! Papa, Daniel, Jemette, Flat Auntie & Grammy}

Did you notice the death grip that Daniel has on Jemett'e hair?!

{Papa, Daniel & Flat Auntie}
Daniel and Papa found some flowers on their walk, you can see them in Daniel's hat!

{Mrs. Babcock and Daniel}
Flat Auntie was missing because we were using her to get Daniel's attention, lol



{Daniel, Heidi & Flat Auntie}
Little Miles was sleeping, so we didn't get a pic with him :(



Thank you so much to everyone that made our day so special! We love you very much! :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sooo many wonderful pictures! Looks like a great day! Sorry I had to miss out, but thankful for the recap :)

Kelly said...

You know what I just realized? We both ate oriental-ish food on Thanksgiving! You had Chinese, and I had Thai. Our telepathy/ESP brainwave thing is getting intense!