Saturday, November 14

The Questions

I can't find much to do today....I have cleaned, written thank you cards, and put my shoes away (all things that I don't care much to do, but end up getting done when I don't have much to do). I could tackle the HUGE, DAUNTING task of organizing our back (junk) room to get it ready to transform it into the guest room since the baby will be in our current guest room....but that would take too much time. I have to be ready by 10:30.....
You see, I have a funeral to go to today. A funeral for a classmate that I have known all the way from kindergarten through our junior year of high school. Her last name was Henson and my last name was Hogan, so I ALWAYS sat behind her...you get to know someone pretty well that way.
She was never a popular girl...she was the girl that the popular girls had a mission to make miserable. She was very loyal, kind, and never had an ill word to say about anyone...even the popular girls that made her life miserble. I hope that people in her life after school, and after I knew her, treated her as she truly deserved.
I don't believe that death is bad....actually I believe tha that she is on her way to Heaven, and we should be grateful, we should even be celebrating for her! The part that stinks and brings the pain is the questions that death leaves behind...
She had four children...can you believe that, four! What will they do without their Mommy? Are they too young to remember her? How will her mother cope with the pain of the death of her daughter?

No comments: