Friday, January 22

THE Crib! :)

We have a crib....and it's not just a crib, it's the perfect crib!

Here's the story: I had decided that there was no reason to spend $400 or more for a brand-new crib when we could get one at a consignment shop or off of Craig's list for around $100. Even though we were hoping to find a deal, you have to know that we were still VERY PICKY about how it looks....and we hadn't found "the one" yet, and Justin was starting to get antsy.


Well, last Saturday Grandma and Grandpa Price were searching the Vero garage sales and they happened across a sale that had 'lots of baby stuff for sale. They asked the owner of the house if he had a crib for sale...and it just so happened that he had a crib, for sale, that hadn't made its way to the garage AND he was only asking $40 for it!!!! SWEET!


So, Grandma called Justin and told him about this deal of the century and he had her ask the gentleman if the crib was white and if it had fixed sides....the answer was yes! Since we were ready to walk out the door, we hopped in the truck and went to Vero to check out this crib that was "on hold" until we got there to say yes or no.


Grandma and Grandpa had waited for us to get to Vero and they introduced us to the owner when we arrived. He brought us into his home to show us the crib that was neatly and very non-chalantly leaning, in pieces, against his dining room wall. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was Daniel's crib! (Side note - when we walked in the front door of the seller's house had a great feeling about the crib because their house was decorated so much like our house! I was hoping that they would throw in the tablecloth too....but I was so excited about the crib that I forgot to ask.)

I told Justin, "pay the man, this is our crib"! We were so excited! And then Grandma told Justin to put his money away because she wanted to buy the crib as our shower present! How wonderful is that?!



I knew deals like this were out there, but I couldn't believe that we, rather Grandma and Grandpa, had found one! I was truly expecting an old, rickety crib after our drive to Vero, but oh no, this one is a cadillac!

We packed up the crib and went back home to unload it. Then we hopped back in the car and went to Stuart to visit our friends Gaving and Angie at the hospital. They had just had their twins the day before!!!

Even though we had a full, fun day, I couldn't stop thinking about the crib that we sitting in Daniel's nursery. I wanted to see it put together SO BADLY! Justin, being sweet husband that he is, set up the crib in the guest bedroom for me! He knew the whole time that he would have to dis-assemble it to get it into the nursery, but he put it together just so I could see it....awwww!

I can't help but peek in on it at least three times a day. LOL, maybe the 3 peek estimate is a little conservative ;)

So, I just overheard Justin say, "She's getting big" to someone on the phone...HA! He told me the other day that he just can't wait until I get huge...not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it's just so cute how he is so excited about our pregnancy!

No comments: